Safe & Secure Website Maintenance (Basic) - with Aaron
Once a month we will:
- check in on your WordPress website
- review available plugin, core, and theme updates to assess whether they are appropriate for your site
- implement appropriate updates and defer those that need waiting
malware scans, backups, and website testing
- alert you if we see any changes that we recommend to keep the site running smoothly going forward
What you can expect:
- A monthly report of the software updated, the results of the malware scan, and an update on the site’s backups.
- Any suggestions that arose from the site review.
What we need from you:
- Access to your site (WP, FTP, and control panel)
- A brief history of your website (when was it built, what kind of maintenance has it received in the past 6 months)
- A description of any problems you’ve had with the site lately
- If you’ve purchased a theme, plugin, or other software not publicly available, please provide URLs and logins for those as well
- Does my website qualify?
- All WordPress websites qualify for this plan, unless they are running e-commerce software.
- If I want you to do any other work on the site, is that included?
- No. Any additional work on the site that’s not outlined in the description above is not included. But you can always purchase a package of general development hours if you’d like me to do any other kind of work on your site!
- How will I know what work you're doing behind-the-scenes?
- Every month, when I do the maintenance tasks on your site, I will send you a report outlining what I’ve done, as well as any additional suggestions that arose while I reviewed your site.
- Do you guarantee my site won’t get hacked if I’m on this plan?
- No. Nobody can guarantee that! When I first review your website, I can advise you if your server setup makes you more vulnerable to attack. As I’m setting up your website for ongoing monthly maintenance, I will set up basic security protocols to protect you as best as possible.
- What if my site does get hacked? Will you de-hackify it?
- Cleaning up a hacked site is not included in this monthly plan. However, if you or we notice that your site has been hacked, I can still help! Just purchase a package of general development hours, and we can use that time to clean up the hacked site, determine how it probably got hacked, and close any holes that we find.